Many kayaks come equipped with the preexisting external mount bases and rod holders
, and many other variations of rectangular, four-point installation bases
. We get it! This makes it really difficult to add RAILBLAZA bases and accessories to your kayak because the preexisting bases and accessories that you got stuck with are already installed to your kayak! Not anymore!
With the invention of the RAILBLAZA StarPort HD
– a rectangular, four-point installation base similar in size to that of Scotty, RAM, Cannon, Fish-On, and many others – you can easily remove and replace your old bases with a RAILBLAZA StarPort HD! Not only does this transition to RAILBLAZA base give you the comfort of the RAILBLAZA's ‘slide locking mechanism’ fit to all of the bases and the versatility to effortlessly retask accessories from one base to another, but the transition also opens up your accessibility to RAILBLAZA's large selection of accessories and limitless rigging possibilities!
The StarPort HD also is compatible with the same hardware that is currently used to keep your base mounted to your kayak! Other options for installation hardware include rivets, screws/locknuts, and the StarPort HD Track Mounting Kit. For more information on track mounting, see the below Track Mounting Notes.
Even with the new improvements to the StarPort HD, the base stays true to the RAILBLAZA core features: stylish
, low profile
, based on StarPort design featuring ‘slide locking mechanism
’ and compatible with ALL
RAILBLAZA accessories. WARNING
- Practical replacement for preexisting external mount bases from Scotty, RAM, Cannon, Fish-On
- Rectangular, four-point installation base consistent with North American industry standard
- Compatible with the same hardware that is currently used to keep your base mounted to your kayak.
- Other hardware options include rivets, screws/locknuts, or self-tapping screws (not recommended for Rod Holders).
- Hardware included
- For Track Mounting options, see 'Track Mounting Notes' below
: Use of petroleum-based lubricants on the StarPort slide locking mechanism will cause failure. Silicone based products are best suited for RAILBLAZA lubrication. Before applying, please check contents of lubricant or call/email YakGear Customer Service.
Track Mounting Notes
The StarPort HD can also be centrally mounted on many popular track systems. This comes with the added versatility of tool-free adjustment. Because of the variations of kayak tracks and the different user opinions of tracks, track mounting hardware is sold separately. To learn more about the RAILBLAZA StarPort HD Track Mounting Kit and the installation details, see the separate product listing.
Jackson Cuda Note
: In replacing the back Ram Mount with a StarPort HD for a Railblaza Rod Holder II, you will need a RAILBLAZA Adjustable Extender to elevate the Rod Holder II above the elevated seat clearance.